Punjab CM orders immediate release of PTI's Shireen Mazari
LAHORE – Punjab Chief Minister Hamza Shahbaz has ordered the anti-corruption department to immediately release Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf leader Shireen Mazari.
Reports in local media suggest that the detained politician and activist is likely to be released as Anti-Corruption Punjab officials have received orders from CM Hamza Shahbaz.
Anti-Corruption DG also instructed concerned officials to release Mazari. It was learned that the team carrying the PTI leader to DG Khan was called back midway.
PML-N leader Hamza Shahbaz said Mazari’s arrest was not in line with the social values, saying that being a woman she is respectable.
Hamza also called for an investigation against the anti-corruption department that arrested the former human rights minister.
Punjab CM took action as the daughter of Shireen Mazari, Imaan Zainab, claimed her mother was ‘beaten and taken away by male police officers’.
Islamabad cops, however, opposed Imaan’s statement saying Shireen Mazari was arrested by female police officers as per the law at the request of the anti-corruption department. News of any mishandling is baseless.
Shireen Mazari’s arrest: PTI files plea with ... 05:03 PM | 21 May, 2022
ISLAMABAD – Former prime minister Imran Khan has given a call for protest over the arrest of his party leader ...
In one of the clips, the senior PTI leader can be seen being dragged out of a car by female police personnel while she resisted the arrest.
Imaan Mazari also filed a petition in the Islamabad High Court (IHC) against the arrest as the IHC staff, which had retired for the day, returned to the court premises. Several PTI leaders, and activists including former Prime Minister Imran condemned the incident.
PTI's Shireen Mazari arrested by anti-corruption ... 02:36 PM | 21 May, 2022
PTI leader and former Human Rights minister Shireen Mazari was detained by anti-corruption officials in a case ...
- Hira Mani is in love with Naseebo Lal's voice!04:10 PM | 30 Jun, 2022
- realme C35 brings solid quality with TUV Rheinland High-Reliability ...03:47 PM | 30 Jun, 2022
- TCL launches C-Series of LED and QLED TVs in Pakistan03:20 PM | 30 Jun, 2022
- Dania Shah’s new vlog draws severe criticism02:47 PM | 30 Jun, 2022
- Ayeza Khan's bold photos at beach set internet on fire02:20 PM | 30 Jun, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022