'Laal Kabootar' wins another award in Vancouver
Pakistani thriller Laal Kabootar has added another cap to its feather after bagging the Vancouver International South Asian Film Festival Award for Best Feature Film 2019, stated a press release.
This won't be the first accolade that the film has received. Pakistan’s official submission for the 92nd Academy Awards in the International Feature Film Award category, ‘Laal Kabootar’ also bagged the Archana Soy Audience Award for Best Feature Film at the Tasveer South Asian Film Festival 2019 in Seattle. Following this, Ahmed Ali Akbar won the best actor award at the Washington DC South Asian Film Festival.
In addition to this, the critically acclaimed film was screened, as an official selection, at the Singapore South Asian International Film Festival 2019.
Laal Kabootar, a Pakistani crime-thriller, features Ahmed Ali Akbar as Adeel Nawaz, a taxi-driver bent on moving from Karachi to Dubai, and Mansha Pasha as Aliya Malik, a strong-willed woman whose world turns upside down in a series of unexpected events.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- EU to challenge China-US trade agreement at WTO12:02 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Kashmir issue is not an internal affair of India, says FM Quresh11:24 AM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Two killed in Gujranwala van, rickshaw collision09:58 AM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ariana Grande being sued for copyright over hit single '7 Rings' by ...03:54 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019