PSL6, Match 4 – Lahore Qalandars beat Quetta Gladiators by 9 wickets
KARACHI – Lahore Qalandars defeated Quetta Gladiators by nine wickets in the fourth match of Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2021 at Karachi’s National Stadium on Monday.
Qalandars’ Fakhar Zaman and Sohail Akhtar opened their innings with smashing strikes towards boundaries. Mohammad Hafeez replaced Akhtar (21) after he was sent to pavilion by Zahid Mehmood.
Zaman (82) and Hafeez (73) remained not out with their shining scores. The team achieved the target in 18.2 overs.
Earlier today, Lahore Qalandars won toss and decided to field first.
Gladiators opening pair – Tom Banton and Saim Ayub – could not give full throttle in the start as they were sent to pavilion by Gladiators by 20 runs.
Skipper Sarfraz Ahmed and Chris Gayle, however, played a strong partnership to raise the score. Gayle thrashed 68 off 40 balls while Sarfraz made 44 runs off 33 balls.
Muhammad Nawaz also played his part well as he made 33 runs to build a reasonable target of 179 runs for rival team.
Haris Rauf claimed three wickets while Shaheen Afridi, Rashid Khan and Ahmed Danyal took one wicket each.
Qalandars started their PSL campaign with a 4-wicket win against Peshawar Zalmi while Quetta, the winner of 2019 trophy, went down against Karachi Kings in the tournament's opener.
Both the teams have faced each other 10 times with win-loss leveled at 5-each.
Lahore were the runners-up of the 2020 edition.
PSL 2021, Match 2 – Lahore Qalandars beat ... 05:49 PM | 21 Feb, 2021
KARACHI – Lahore Qalandars secured a four-wicket victory against Peshawar Zalmi in their first match of this ...
Lahore Qalandars: Ben Dunk, David Wiese, Dilbar Hussain, Fakhar Zaman, Haris Rauf, Mohammad Hafeez, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Sohail Akhtar, Rashid Khan, Joe Denly, Samit Patel, Tom Abell, Zeeshan Ashraf, Salman Ali Agha, Mohammad Faizan, Maaz Khan, Zaid Alam, Ahmed Danyal
Quetta Gladiators: Sarfaraz Ahmed, Qais Ahmad, Anwar Ali, Saim Ayub, Tom Banton, Ben Cutting, Cameron Delport, Chris Gayle, Mohammad Hasnain, Arish Ali Khan, Azam Khan, Hassan Khan, Usman Khan, Zahid Mahmood, Abdul Nasir, Mohammad Nawaz, Faf du Plessis, Naseem Shah, Usman Khan Shinwari, Dale Steyn
- Emirates announces first annual loss in 30 years11:59 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- AJK unveils Budget 2021-22 tomorrow11:30 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan allows AstraZeneca shots for expats under 4010:04 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Two injured as PTI, PML-N lawmakers toss copies of budget book at ...09:27 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan announces increase in petroleum prices09:15 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation in movies to change05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021