Pakistan, UAE sign $3 billion balance-of-payments support package
From Pakistani side, State Bank Governor Tariq Bajwa signed on the agreement while the chairman of Abu Dhabi Development Fund represented the Emirati side.
This package “to support the financial and monetary policy of the country” was announced late last year.
UAE announces $3 billion package for Pakistan 02:18 PM | 21 Dec, 2018
DUBAI - The United Arab Emirates has announced its intention to deposit US$3 billion in the State Bank of Pakistan in ...
Pakistan has already received $2b from Saudi Arabia in two instalments under a bailout package.
Earlier this month, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed bin Sultan Al-Nahyan paid a visit to Pakistan for the first time in 12 years. The visit came after the PM invited the prince on his visit to the UAE, making it the third meeting over the past three months.
According to a joint statement issued after the visit culminated, PM Imran thanked the crown prince for the “generous” balance-of-payments support of $3 billion, which appears to have materialized first out of the total $6.2bn financial package.
- Petroleum dealers warns of countrywide strike over low profit10:48 AM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Muzaffar Ali Ranja appointed chairman of Prime Minister’s ...09:59 AM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Shoaib Akhtar shares unique view of Holy Kaaba09:04 AM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:34 AM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Iqra Aziz and Yasir Hussain share stunning pictures from vacation09:27 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Hassan Ali’s adorable birthday celebration with wife goes viral04:49 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Komal Baig blessed with a baby boy04:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022