Pakistan, UAE sign $3 billion balance-of-payments support package
ABU DHABI – The United Arab Emirates (UAE) on Tuesday has inked the $3 billion balance-of-payments support package for Pakistan which is expected to “enhance liquidity and monetary reserves of foreign currency” at the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP).
From Pakistani side, State Bank Governor Tariq Bajwa signed on the agreement while the chairman of Abu Dhabi Development Fund represented the Emirati side.
This package “to support the financial and monetary policy of the country” was announced late last year.
UAE announces $3 billion package for Pakistan 02:18 PM | 21 Dec, 2018
DUBAI - The United Arab Emirates has announced its intention to deposit US$3 billion in the State Bank of Pakistan in ...
Pakistan has already received $2b from Saudi Arabia in two instalments under a bailout package.
Earlier this month, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed bin Sultan Al-Nahyan paid a visit to Pakistan for the first time in 12 years. The visit came after the PM invited the prince on his visit to the UAE, making it the third meeting over the past three months.
According to a joint statement issued after the visit culminated, PM Imran thanked the crown prince for the “generous” balance-of-payments support of $3 billion, which appears to have materialized first out of the total $6.2bn financial package.
- Pakistan has cheapest fuel cost in South Asia, says PM Iman11:56 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Two Pakistan High commission officials asked to leave India in 24 ...10:40 PM | 31 May, 2020
- ‘History in Making’ — Pakistani plane flies directly to US for ...10:07 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Petrol price slashed by Rs7.06 per litre in Pakistan09:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Raising a daughter is a huge responsibility: Humaima Malick05:08 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020