Govt forms FIA’s special team to investigate wheat crisis
LAHORE – In a bid to determine the responsible persons behind the prevailing wheat crisis countrywide, the federal government has constituted a special team of the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA).
According to media reports, the FIA’s deputy director will head the team to determine the cause and responsible persons who have caused the crisis.
The FIA team will also inquire about the amount of wheat bought by the mill owners and the amount of wheat flour produced by those mills.
The team will also present a report to higher officials, carrying recommendations to end the wheat crisis and revealing the total production of wheat, the surplus amount and a list of those who who purchased the commodity from the open market.
The report will also highlight the role played by the government officials in the matter.
- Afghan Refugee Conference: UN ready to participate in Afghan ...11:30 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- LHC summons DG Rescue-1122 over plea challenging his reappointment10:48 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- UN resolutions on Kashmir need implementation, UNSG Guterres tells ...09:39 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- realme Pakistan teases one of the much-awaited entry-level ...08:55 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Pakistan gets highest-ever $200m GCF grant to redress environment ...08:49 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Riz Ahmed to debut play about his 'toxic breakup' with UK12:27 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Shaniera Akram shares her experience of working in debut film11:58 AM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Jaafar Jackson is amazed by Pakistani hospitality during visit11:55 AM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019