Malik Riaz submits blackmailing proofs with Pindi police
He has alleged in his statement that Col (retd) Tariq Kamal, Dr Shafiqur Rehman and Khalid Rasheed were blackmailing him and he had already millions to them.
The statement states the blackmailers demanded at least Rs50 million, adding the name of former CJ’s son, Arsalan Iftikhar, was used to blackmail the Bahria Town authorities. Proofs of the crime have also been attached along the plea.
Talking to the media on Wednesday, Raiz’s counsel and former law minister Dr Babr Awan said his client is a peace loving philanthropist. “The government, judiciary and media should act responsible now as first step to eradicate extortion from the country,” he appealed. Dr Awan added his client has faced numerous threats and difficult times throughout his business career.
- PAKvENG: Pakistan beat England by 3 runs in 4th T20I11:02 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Ishaq Dar due in Pakistan tonight by flight carrying PM Shehbaz Sharif08:36 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- 'I don't want an army chief of my choice; just want appointment on ...07:25 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Dananeer fangirls over Yami Gautum at Chicago South Asian Film ...06:40 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Humayun Saeed's Netflix debut 'The Crown' all set to release in ...04:32 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Saboor Aly’s new bold pictures set internet on fire02:18 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022