Pakistan repatriates two Indian High Commission officials involved in hit-and-run, fake currency cases
Islamabad: Two officials of Indian High Commission, who were involved in a hit-and-run incident and counterfeit currency, have been repatriated, local media reported.
Both officials crossed into India through Wagah border. The second secretary and air adviser of the embassy were also along with repatriated officials as they have been summoned b New Delhi for consultation on tense relations between Pakistan and India.
The officials identified as Dwimu Brahma and Paul Selvadhas were arrested by the Islamabad police earlier this month after their official car allegedly ran over a pedestrian, leaving him critical injured.
The police also recovered fake currency from the possession of the diplomatic staff.
Both officials were released hours after their arrest as "they enjoyed diplomatic immunity", local media reported, quoting unnamed police officials.
- Matric result 2020 to be announced in Punjab on Sept 19, confirms ...11:59 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Woman gang-raped in presence of husband in Pakistan's village days ...11:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nepal to mint coins displaying new political map that shows ...10:42 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- FBR imposes Rs35 million penalty on Justice Isa’s wife for failing ...09:41 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nawaz Sharif accepts Bilawal’s invitation to virtually attend ...09:07 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nida Yasir apologizes after receiving backlash04:20 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- 'The Batman' filming resumes following shutdown over Robert ...02:36 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Aima Baig confirms that she’s dating Shahbaz Shigri02:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020