Nasir Jamshed's 10 years ban validated by independent adjudicator
"The 10 year ban imposed on Nasir Jamshed by the anti-corruption tribunal for his alleged role in spot-fixing during the second edition of Pakistan Super League in UAE has been found to be 'perfectly justified' and will continue to remain in force," he announced the order here.
Justice (R) Mian Hamid Farooq said two additional sanctions imposed by the Anti-Corruption Tribunal, i.e the inclusion of Nasir in the list of players to be avoided by cricketers and all stakeholders and not to be given an important role in the management or administration of cricket, have been set aside as they fall outside the confines provided under Article 6.2 of the PCB's Anti-Corruption Code.
Opener Nasir Jamshed was banned for ten years by the PCB declaring him guilty of violating its anti-corruption code of conduct under Articles 2.1.1, 2.1.2, 2.1.3, 2.1.4 and 2.4.4 during the 2017 edition of Pakistan Super League.
The cricketer was already serving a one-year ban for his non-cooperation with the PCB’s spot-fixing investigation during the 2017 edition of the Pakistan Super League.
- Pakistan’s ‘best bank' denies trans rights activist an account ...11:52 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan Air Force chief meets Turkish defence industries head11:22 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Woman accusing Babar Azam of sexual abuse says video of her ...11:08 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Punjab CM Buzdar lays foundation stone of Sheikhupura-Gujranwala road10:45 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- US threatens India with sanctions over purchase of Russian S-400 air ...10:39 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Selena Gomez shares the reason behind calling out Mark Zuckerberg ...07:32 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 30th birthday04:22 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Details of Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's wedding revealed03:58 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- #2020InReview – Pakistan's initiatives in the year 202010:55 PM | 4 Jan, 2021