Pakistan, Japan agree to strengthen bilateral relations
The two sides also agreed to explore opportunities in trade, investment and other areas of development.
The Foreign Minister acknowledged the role and efforts of Japan-Pakistan Parliamentary Friendship League in furthering mutually beneficial bilateral relations.
Working luncheon hosted in his honour by Chairman Japan-Pakistan Business Cooperation Committee Teruo Asada in Tokyo
Later, speaking at a working luncheon hosted in his honour by Chairman Japan-Pakistan Business Cooperation Committee Teruo Asada in Tokyo, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi has invited Japanese companies to invest in the information technology sector, small and medium enterprises and agriculture value chains.
The minister encouraged members of the Business Committee to visit Pakistan and further explore the huge opportunities in trade and investment.
Qureshi elaborated on the economic agenda of the PTI government and how it is determined to overcome the current economic challenges through peace-oriented, investment-friendly, development-focused and people-centred strategies. The two sides also discussed strengthening economic cooperation and increasing bilateral investments. They also deliberated on efforts to eliminate obstacles and overcome difficulties that obstruct the smooth flow of trade and investment between the two countries.
Chairman Japan-Pakistan Business Cooperation Committee expressed his satisfaction on the growing trade and investment relations. Both sides also expressed satisfaction at the ongoing free trade negotiations between the two countries.
- 640 new coronavirus cases reported; one death in past 24 hours in ...04:31 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- We will continue to restore democracy by removing PTI govt: Zardari03:43 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- APC turning point in Pakistani politics, time to take major decisions ...02:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020