Priyanka Chopra’s latest photo shoot for Assam tourism ignites a controversy
Her choice of dress was questioned by the state assembly members, MLA Nandita Das and Rupjyoti Kurmi who expressed their concerns that her choice of clothes, a frock, was not an accurate depiction of the traditions and culture of Assamese society. They further requested to remove Priyanka and replace her with a more appropriate brand ambassador.
“The government should have known how to preserve the prestige of Assamese society. Instead they could have used traditional mekhela sador. This is the reason we have protested against the calendar” -Kurmi
However the Assam Tourism Development Corporation (ATDC) found no objection in the latest shoot done by Priyanka. They dismissed the claims of MLA’s by telling them not to create unnecessary controversies. Chairman (ATDC) Jayanta Malla further explained that this was the image they wanted to portray and maintained that Chopra was the perfect international figure to execute this promotion.
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-May-09-Updated 10:00 ...09:32 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Pakistan registers 3,785 new Covid-19 cases, 118 deaths in 24 hours09:12 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 09 May 202108:59 AM | 9 May, 2021
- A successful story of young Emirati chef - Ahmed Darweesh01:16 AM | 9 May, 2021
- PM Imran and Pakistani delegation pay respects at Masjid-e-Nabwi12:00 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Javeria Abbasi recalls how she broke 12 bones in an accident (VIDEO)05:03 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Here's what Hina Altaf said about Aagha Ali before marriage (VIDEO)05:41 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021