Security guard operates old woman at Lahore’s Mayo Hospital
LAHORE – Police in the Punjab capital arrested a former security guard who performed a 'botched' surgery on an old patient at Mayo Hospital, Lahore.
The arrested man is identified as Waheed Butt who has been accused by the family of an 80-year-old woman of impersonating as a surgeon at Mayo Hospital and operating on her to remove an abscess at the back.
The family members, who lodged the official complaint at Gawalmandi police station, told media that the man performed the surgery on the eve of May 17, when the old lady was brought by them to the country’s oldest and largest medical facility to remove a boil- a painful infection on the skin that holds pus.
The family added that the security guard approached them while claiming to be a doctor, and took the patient away for the removal of the abscess.
The haphazard medical procedure later revealed to the poor family as the patient suffered excessive bleeding.
Reports suggest that the ‘fake doctor’ also visited the patient’s residence twice for changing her bandages while he also charged Rs500 for each visit.
PICS: Fake Army captain delivers lecture at FC ... 04:17 PM | 27 Feb, 2016
LAHORE (Staff Report) - In a highly bizarre and rare incident, a Pak-Army sepoy delivered a lecture on Character ...
The woman was then later shifted to hospital again as her health worsened. The family then approached the hospital staff about the operation and that is when it was revealed that Butt is in fact not a medical expert but a security guard there.
It is also revealed that an operation theatre technician who is identified as Usman Butt helped the culprit performing the medical procedure on the old woman. The condition of the woman is said to be critical as she is undergoing treatment.
'Excise officer' nabbed by Karachi shopkeeper ... 02:00 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
KARACHI – A man posing as an Excise officer was caught red-handed by the shop owner during a fake raid when the ...
Meanwhile, Medical Superintendent Mayo Hospital Dr. Iftikhar said the administration has handed over the phony doctor to the local law enforcers while his accomplice Usman, has also been suspended.
Punjab Health Minister Punjab Dr. Yasmeen Rashid also directed the health secretary to initiate an investigation and report at the earliest.
- Pakistan cuts steel for fourth MILGEM-Class corvette ship (VIDEO)07:37 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- realme conducts first-ever Global Launch Event to unveil realme GT & ...07:15 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan win silver at Asian Taekwondo Poomsae Championship06:57 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- FIA summons Shehbaz Sharif in money laundering, sugar mills cases06:35 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation in movies to change05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021