Engine, bogies of Rawal Express derail near Rawalpindi
The incident occurred in Kaliam Awan area but fortunately no loss of life was reported. The train was heading to Lahore.
Authorities are working to repair the railway track and restore the suspended traffic at the earliest.
All the passengers of Rawal Express remained unhurt and were shifted to buses and coaches for their destinations.
Pakistan Railways is passing through tough time now a days. Earlier this month, as many as 22 people, including seven women and two children, were killed and over 65 injured, when speeding Zakaria Express rammed into the stationary Fareed Express in Qadafi Town near the Landhi train station Karachi.
Moreover, a passenger train engine also derailed near Khanewal although no one was hurt in the incident. In October at least 4 people were left dead while 19 others were left severely wounded when a freight train collided with a passenger bus near Lunda Phatak in Pattoki.
Train accidents are common throughout the world but Pakistan Railways is witnessing such incidents in a burgeoning number.
- PM Shehbaz orders to link Thar Coal Mines with railway network by ...11:54 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Are Maya Ali and Bilal Ashraf dating?11:28 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Syra Yousuf and Shahroz Sabzwari's psycho-thriller gets shelved10:58 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- ADB announces $2.3 to 2.5 billion in flood relief support for Pakistan09:50 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Zara Noor Abbas hugs emotional fan during meetup08:32 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Mohsin Abbas Haider opens up about comparison with Ranveer Singh09:21 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022