Lt Gen (R) Asim Saleem Bajwa to be appointed as CPEC Authority's chairperson
ISLAMABAD - The federal cabinet has decided to appoint Lieutenant General (R) Asim Bajwa as China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) Authority’s chairperson for four years.
According to media reports, a summary, prepared by the Prime Minister's Office, regarding Lt Gen (R) Bajwa’s appointment as the CPEC Authority's head has been sent to the Cabinet Division for approval.
The cabinet's upcoming meeting, scheduled for Tuesday next week, is expected to give approval of the summary pertaining to appoint Lt Gen (R) Bajwa as the CPEC head.
Prime Minister Imran Khan would preside over the cabinet meeting.
General Asim Saleem Bajwa is a retired Pakistani Three-star general who was Commander Southern Command prior to that he also served as Director-General of the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), he served as DG ISPR from 2012 to 2016 preceding Major Gen. Asif Ghafoor.
Lt Gen (R) Asim Saleem Bajwa has been honoured with the Tamgha-e-Basalat and Hilal-e-Imtiaz for his military services.
- SBP key policy rate remains unchanged at 13.25 percent05:15 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistani pavilion inaugurated at Arab Health Exhibition in Dubai04:57 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- 32 early harvest projects completed under CPEC in 5 years04:52 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- AIOU to enroll students for short courses till February 2104:45 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019