No need for suo moto if rulers doing their job right, says CJP Khosa
LAHORE – Chief Justice of Pakistan Asif Saeed Khan Khosa said on Saturday that if the rulers did their jobs right then there will be no need for courts to intervene in the matters of the government.
The top judge of the country stated this while addressing a ceremony after he chaired a meeting on police reforms.
"Whenever a matter captures the public's attention, people expect a suo motu," he said. "If the government institution is working actively then the court does not need to take action."
Approaching the Supreme Court should be the final resort for people seeking justice, he said, besides stressing that the dispensation of justice must take place much earlier in the legal system.
If the top court starts intervening in matters of the government from day one then it creates troubles, he said.
He emphasised on ensuring dignity to those who seek justice from the courts, adding,"One should maintain the dignity of a police official or any other person who appears before the court," Geo News reported.
Earlier, the chief justice chaired the session of Police Reforms Committee (PRC), set up in January to table recommendations to impove policing system in Pakistan, to examine development in the department.
The session was attended by inspector generals of four provinces, Gilgit Baltistan and Islamabad.
CJP Khosa ordered to ensure timely registration of cases and said that the quality of investigation should be improved.
- PCB to refund match tickets12:13 AM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran for precautionary measures, strategy to tackle Coronavirus ...11:55 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bangladeshi journalists find Pakistan safe for cricket; praise ...11:52 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Carrefour Pakistan supports 50 deserving families in Lahore07:10 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Deal of the Century? Palestine rejects Trump's proposed Middle East ...06:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019