Anti-polio drive to start in Punjab from Oct 26 to 31
LAHORE - The anti-polio campaign will continue in Punjab from October 26 to 31 to immunize as many as 19.4 million children up to the age of five years.
Provincial Health Minister Dr Yasmin Rashid chaired a meeting to review the arrangements for the anti-polio campaign on Thursday.
The Health Minister said that collective and concerted efforts were needed to eradicate polio from the country. She said that along with the campaign against polio, special attention should be paid to improve Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI) coverage.
She further said that exact data on birth registration would have to be collected to know the actual number of zero dose children.
Punjab Chief Secretary Jawad Rafique Malik directed the deputy commissioners to personally monitor the anti-polio campaign, adding that any negligence would not be tolerated at all.
The chief secretary also asked the officers to ensure 100 percent coverage in the anti-polio campaign through implementation of the updated micro plan.
Primary Health Secretary told the meeting that in September's campaign a target was set to immunize about 20 million children against polio, claiming that success rate remained 98 percent.
- Holding Quran in hand, Babar Azam’s ‘girlfriend’ shares ...11:35 PM | 1 Dec, 2020
- PM Imran inaugurates highest national parks in Gilgit-Baltistan ...11:23 PM | 1 Dec, 2020
- Founder of The Forex Hub, James Watts Shares his Ultimate Blueprint ...11:19 PM | 1 Dec, 2020
- New TLP chief Saad Rizvi 'is a drug addict' (VIDEO)10:59 PM | 1 Dec, 2020
- ECP delays by-elections amid second wave of COVID-1910:49 PM | 1 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020