18 killed in 'arson attack' on Chinese karaoke bar
The fired ripped through a three-storey building located in the southern Chinese city of Yingde. The firefighters received an emergency call about 30 minutes past midnight and the fired was extinguished in 25 minutes.
Initial investigation suggests the blaze was arson, while a 32-year-old suspect has been arrested by police after the incident. Reports claim the suspect first blocked the only exit and entry of the bar before starting the fire.
The arrested suspect identified as Liu Chunlu, who according to the police also received burn injuries as result of the fire, was arrested the next morning.
Authorities had offered a 200,000 yuan ($31,665) reward for providing information regarding the suspect.
- Supreme Court grants bail to MNA Ali Wazir01:35 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Lionel Messi wins Ballon d’Or 2021 to claim record seventh title01:00 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- IHC CJ directs Rana Shamim to submit written reply, original ...12:20 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- PTA grants license to Select Technologies11:35 AM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...11:25 AM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Hania Aamir spotted enjoying Asim Azhar's concert in Karachi06:21 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Juvaria Abbasi and Anoushey Abbasi's mother passes away05:30 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto Zardari shares new adorable photo with son Mir Hakim04:45 PM | 29 Nov, 2021