Muharram: Indian police assault female mourners in occupied Kashmir
ISLAMABAD – Indian police brutally assaulted women participants of a peaceful Muharram procession in Zadibal area of Srinagar, in the illegally occupied state of Jammu and Kashmir.
According to Kashmir Media Service, the police resorted to baton charge against the female Shiite mourners who took out the procession on the 3rd day of Muharram in the city.
A video uploaded on the social media shows police subjecting the mourners to brutal torture in the area.
Around 12 AM, Police lathicharge on female Shiite mourners who took out a peaceful procession in Zadibal area of Srinagar on 3rd day of Muharram. One of the victim said, "We have our own religious belief and we aren't followers of Aga Mujtaba so we deny his statement." pic.twitter.com/SYIpvh2AOB— Masrat Zahra (@Masratzahra) August 23, 2020
The authorities had imposed strict restrictions in the interiors of Zadibal area of Srinagar and blocked roads to prevent Muharram processions. Personnel of Indian Army, central Reserve Police Force and police were deployed in strength to prevent the procession.
Last year Kashmiris had witnessed harshest restrictions but this year too similar restrictions are in place.
In IoK, there are about one million Shia out of a total Muslim population of 8.5 million.
- Two terrorists killed in Balochistan operation: ISPR11:22 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan sharply rejects India’s ‘irresponsible remarks’ about ...10:35 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Faisalabad locals find unexploded bomb might have been dropped during ...10:24 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Coronavirus — Pakistan PM Imran seeks more debt relief from G-20 ...09:07 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Jennifer Aniston reveals that she almost quit Hollywood04:48 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- The Boys – A massive Amazon hit all set to have a spin-off04:19 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Ahad Raza Mir turns 27, receives heartwarming birthday wishes from ...03:57 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020