Qatar mulls investing $3bn in Pakistan from energy to hospitality sectors
Doha also shares willingness to invest in major airports in Pakistan
ISLAMABAD/DOHA – Qatar is planning to invest $3 billion in various sectors, Qatar’s Emiri Diwan said in a statement.
It was reported that funds will be invested through the Qatar Investment Authority and now the officials are evaluating strategic investments in main airports in South Asian country. The authority further planned to invest in renewable energy, power, and hospitality sectors.
The development comes as Pakistani Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif visited the Gulf nation. The premier, earlier today, called on His Highness Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, and other top leaders of the Arab nation.
A day earlier, Sharif held a meeting with the chief of the Qatar Investment Authority. The friendly Muslim country will ensure that investment is made as soon as possible to support Pakistan.
During the maiden visit, PM Shehbaz also urged Qatari investors to explore the opportunities presented by the multi-billion dollar CPEC project aimed at promoting regional connectivity and mutual prosperity.
PM Shehbaz arrives in Qatar on maiden visit, ... 05:46 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
ISLAMABAD/DOHA – Pakistani Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif was accorded a red carpet welcome on Tuesday as he ...
The cash-strapped country is currently seeking USD inflow, with the IMF set to announce its decision on Pakistan’s combined seventh and eighth reviews under the Extended Fund Facility (EFF) next week.
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 29 November 202208:32 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Malala joins campaign for freedom of oppressed Afghan women11:31 PM | 28 Nov, 2022
- Osman Khalid Butt explains why he attended LSA 2022 despite Feroze ...11:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2022
- Dua Lipa secures Albanian citizenship08:19 PM | 28 Nov, 2022
- Katrina Kaif falls prey to 'Mera Dil Yeh Pukare Aaja' virus07:12 PM | 28 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022
- India falls behind Pakistan, Myanmar in Global Hunger Index02:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2022