Pakistan Army working to arrest TTP’s Ehsanullah Ehsan again: DG ISPR
RAWALPINDI – Terming former Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan’s escape a very serious matter, Pakistan Army’s spokesperson said that working is underway to re-arrest him.
Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) chief Maj Gen Babar Iftikhar was talking to international media outlets. He said that prompt action was taken against army officers involved in Ehsan’s escape.
He said that the force at that time did not know about the whereabouts of the escaped militant.
The military spokespersons further said that the TTP leader’s Twitter account from where threats were being issued to Malala Yousafzai turned out to be fake.
Pakistani forces had arrested Ehsan in 2017, but he managed to escape in January 2020 from a so-called safe house where he was detained.
Talking about missing persons' issue, he said that the commission on the matter had made progress, adding that 4,000 out of total 6,0000 complaints have been addressed.
- Justice Qazi Faez Isa to hear contempt case against Fawad Chaudhry on ...10:36 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan cricket squad leaves for Zimbabwe after successful South ...10:05 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Babar Azam’s ‘late glance’ shot is new sensation on social ...08:09 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Mustafa Jaane Rehmat – Atif Aslam's naat crosses 1.6 million views ...05:48 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Hira and Mani celebrate 13th wedding anniversary05:41 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021