Pakistan, Sri Lanka vow to strengthen cooperation in diverse fields
ISLAMABAD/COLOMBO – Pakistan and Sri Lanka have agreed to strengthen enduring partnerships to advance the shared objectives of peace, stability, and economic prosperity in South Asia.
The understanding reached in one-on-one meeting between Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan and Sri Lankan counterpart Mahinda Rajapaksa in Colombo. Both sides reaffirmed working together across a broad range of areas.
Head of both states acknowledged the immense opportunities and vast potential for mutually beneficial collaboration in the areas of trade and investment, IT and human resource development, agriculture and science and technology, security and defense cooperation, and tourism.
It was also agreed to keep the momentum of high-level exchanges between the two sides.
PM Imran Khan underscored Pakistan's commitment to peace. The premier also underlined the need for constructive engagement by all sides to promote a political solution to the conflict in Afghanistan.
Pakistan's Imran Khan holds extensive ... 09:44 PM | 23 Feb, 2021
COLOMBO – Prime Minister Imran Khan had extensive consultations with Sri Lankan Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa ...
Khan also tweeted about the Sri Lanka tour, the premier wrote It's a pleasure to be back in Sri Lanka again. My earlier two visits were on cricket tours in '75 & '86. We had interesting conversations on a wide range of issues of mutual interest. I want to especially thank Mahinda Rajapaksa for the gala dinner this evening.
We had interesting conversations on a wide range of issues of mutual interest. I want to especially thank @PresRajapaksa for the gala dinner this evening. Tomorrow I will be meeting the Sri Lankan President @GotabayaR followed by a meeting with the Sri Lankan business community.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) February 23, 2021
Sri Lankan Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa also tweet about the development, he wrote during our bilateral discussions earlier this evening, Prime Minister Imran Khan and I agreed to work closely towards enhancing our bilateral cooperation in the economic sector and a number of other areas including trade, investment, science, technology, defense, and education.
During our bilateral discussions earlier this evening, Prime Minister @ImranKhanPTI and I agreed to work closely towards enhancing our bilateral cooperation in the economic sector and a number of other areas including trade, investment, science, technology, defense and education. pic.twitter.com/7PHCWvTXOj— Mahinda Rajapaksa (@PresRajapaksa) February 23, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-March-07- Updated ...10:45 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Canadian biker girl Rosie Gabrielle ties the knot with Pakistani ...10:16 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- One killed, 40 injured as Karachi Express coaches derail near Rohri09:40 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan reports 1,780 new Covid-19 cases, 39 deaths08:58 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 07 March 202108:25 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge - Two more goof-ups from the timeless ...08:00 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Ertugrul’s Engin Altan receives Indian Television Academy Award05:18 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Shehnaaz Gill and Badshah’s new song is a treat for the fans07:25 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021