Pakistani doctor who died from coronavirus laid to rest in Gilgit
GILGIT – Dr Osama Riaz, a Pakistan doctor who died due to coronavirus on Sunday, was laid to rest in his hometown in Gilgit-Baltistan.
Qari Muhammad Ishaq led his funeral prayers offered at Tableegi Markaz Konodas. Numbers of people including officials participated in the last rituals of doctor, who is titled as “Hero of Pakistan” for his services during the pandemic.
The deceased doctor screened suspected coronavirus patients mainly pilgrim who had returned from Iran and he tested positive on Friday.
The tally of Coronavirus in Pakistan has reached to 875, with Sindh province at the top with 394 cases.
According to media reports, the number of confirmed Coronavirus cases in Punjab has reached to 246 followed by Balochistan with 110 cases, Azad Jammu & Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan with 72 cases, Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa 38 cases and Islamabad with 15 cases.
- PAF C-130 aircraft carrying Zaireen from Dalbandin lands at Skardu ...01:36 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Govt trying to maintain balance between lockdown to prevent spread of ...12:15 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Lahore police sealed all the entry and exit points of the city11:42 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- US Presidential election to be held on November 3: Trump09:46 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- American pianist Ellis Marsalis dead at 85, fought coronavirus04:41 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Here's what PM Imran Khan has to say regarding Maria.B controversy04:31 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Mahira Khan urges people to donate to PM’s coronavirus relief fund04:11 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019