Progressive poet Ahmad Faraz’s remembered on his 12 death anniversary today
ISLAMABAD – The Pakistani nation is observing the 12th death anniversary of the renowned progressive poet Ahmed Faraz today (Tuesday).
Ahmed Faraz is ranked among the greatest urdu poets of the current era.
On 25 August 2008, Faraz died of kidney failure in a private hospital in Islamabad. His funeral was held on the evening of 26 August.
Ahmad Faraz was awarded Sitara-i-Imtiaz, Hilal-e-Imtiaz and posthumously the Hilal-e-Pakistan by Government of Pakistan for his contribution to poetry and Urdu literature. His famous poetry books were Jana Jana, Pas-e-Andaz-e-Mausam and Nayaft.
- Fawad Ch reveals what Army Chief told Imran Khan about having ...09:44 AM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Bakhtawar Bhutto shares health update on Asif Ali Zardari09:15 AM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:44 AM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 29 September 202208:18 AM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Kinza Hashmi and Ameer Gilani gear up for new project09:23 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Ranbir Kapoor celebrates pre-birthday party11:38 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Srha Asghar and husband announce pregnancy08:21 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022