Senate passes resolution against circulation of fake currency notes in Pakistan
ISLAMABAD – The country's Senate on Monday passed a resolution urging the government to take action against the circulation of fake currency notes.
It said that the government should launch public awareness campaign and strengthen screening mechanism in banks to control the circulation of fake currency notes of Rs1000 and Rs5000 denominations in the country which are almost similar to the original notes.
The resolution also called for stern action against the criminals involved in manufacturing and circulation of it.
Four other resolutions were also passed by the upper house of the Parliament during Monday's session.
Demonetize Rs5,000 note from July 2021, suggests ... 07:38 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
KARACHI – Former Federal Board of Revenue chairman and renowned accountant Syed Shabbar Zaidi has suggested that ...
- Pakistan reports 1,714 new Covid-19 cases, 38 deaths08:45 AM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 06 March 202108:17 AM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan hosts roundtable discussion with ASEAN Heads of Missions11:35 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Lahore college lecturer killed after kite string slits throat11:02 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Twitter reminds PM Imran of his 'respect' for Chaudhry brothers as ...10:11 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Adele and Simon Konecki finalise their divorce after two years09:13 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- 'Slumdog Millionaire' – Indian actor accused of sexual assault04:30 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Feroze Khan wins Best Actor award for Ishqiya03:03 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021