KP chief secretary tests positive for COVID-19
PESHAWAR – The top bureaucrat in northwestern Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province has gone into quarantine after he was infected by Covid-19, an illness caused by the novel coronavirus, KP chief minister confirmed on Monday.
“My Chief Secretary Dr. Kazim Niaz is fighting against coronavirus," tweeted CM KP Mahmood Khan. “I pray for his speedy recovery and pay tribute to him and his officers for their excellent services," he added.
Dr. Kazim Niaz, one of the frontline government officers leading the fight against coronavirus in the province was appointed as chief secretary Khyber in October 2019. He had previously served as the Gilgit-Baltistan chief secretary.
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is the hardest-hit province in Pakistan, with most deaths – a total of 398 till Monday evening – and a total of 7,905 cases of coronavirus.
Meanwhile, the number of coronavirus cases in Pakistan has risen to 56,364 with 1,763 cases reported during the last twenty-four hours nationwide.
Pakistan nears 177,000 cases of coronavirus – ... 09:52 AM | 21 Jun, 2020
LAHORE – The number of coronavirus cases in Pakistan rose to a total of 176,612, according to government data ...
- Ali Zaidi uploads video, exposes relationship of PPP, Uzair Baloch12:15 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- UN criticize India for its restrictions on Internet in IOJ&K11:56 AM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 246,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,123 confirmed ...10:38 AM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Senator Manzoor Kakar survives assassination attempt in Quetta09:59 AM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020