Women on Wheels campaign lands in Karachi
The ultimate aim of the campaign is to empower women
KARACHI - The Women on Wheels (WoW) campaign is officially being launched in Karachi on Sunday (yesterday). The program, which empowers women by improving their access to mobility, provides subsidized motorbikes for women, as well as training and road safety lessons and networking opportunities.
Women On Wheels is a project of the Salman Sufi Foundation and the team behind the successful implementation of the WoW campaign in Lahore, Multan, Sargodha, Rawalpindi and Faisalabad is now expanding the initiative to Karachi in a private capacity, with support from the Sindh government, Japan, UN Development Program, UN Women, FINCA and Careem.
“We believe in a Pakistan where women are able to realize their full potential without stigma or persecution. I proudly welcome WomenOnWheels launch in Sindh today at Frere Hall Karachi. 7,500 women have registered themselves so far,” PPP chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari twitted on Sunday.
- India bans Muslim gatherings but allows Hindu pilgrimage in occupied ...11:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 233,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,819 confirmed ...11:21 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Money laundering case – Shehbaz Sharif seeks exemption from ...11:15 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- China, India hold talks on border standoff11:05 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Umar Akmal’s appeal to be heard on July 13: PCB10:53 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Elton John honoured with his own commemorative coin from Uk's Royal ...04:46 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- TikTok star Zulqarnain Sikandar all set to make his acting debut with ...02:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Saroj Khan's family lived in Pakistan before the partition02:16 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020