Women on Wheels campaign lands in Karachi
The ultimate aim of the campaign is to empower women
KARACHI - The Women on Wheels (WoW) campaign is officially being launched in Karachi on Sunday (yesterday). The program, which empowers women by improving their access to mobility, provides subsidized motorbikes for women, as well as training and road safety lessons and networking opportunities.
Women On Wheels is a project of the Salman Sufi Foundation and the team behind the successful implementation of the WoW campaign in Lahore, Multan, Sargodha, Rawalpindi and Faisalabad is now expanding the initiative to Karachi in a private capacity, with support from the Sindh government, Japan, UN Development Program, UN Women, FINCA and Careem.
“We believe in a Pakistan where women are able to realize their full potential without stigma or persecution. I proudly welcome WomenOnWheels launch in Sindh today at Frere Hall Karachi. 7,500 women have registered themselves so far,” PPP chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari twitted on Sunday.
- Motorway police return lost wallet containing Rs35,000 to owner11:39 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- This Asian country is set to reopen mosques after 9-month ...10:40 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Biden picks two Kashmiri-American women for top positions at White ...10:13 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Another Gomal University professor dismissed over sexual harassment09:59 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- China to launch its first solar probe in 202209:42 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Bollywood remembers Sushant Singh Rajput on birth anniversary05:21 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Wedding festivities kick in for Bakhtawar-Mahmood as groom lands in ...04:36 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021