Women on Wheels campaign lands in Karachi
The ultimate aim of the campaign is to empower women
KARACHI - The Women on Wheels (WoW) campaign is officially being launched in Karachi on Sunday (yesterday). The program, which empowers women by improving their access to mobility, provides subsidized motorbikes for women , as well as training and road safety lessons and networking opportunities.
Women On Wheels is a project of the Salman Sufi Foundation and the team behind the successful implementation of the WoW campaign in Lahore, Multan, Sargodha, Rawalpindi and Faisalabad is now expanding the initiative to Karachi in a private capacity, with support from the Sindh government, Japan, UN Development Program, UN Women , FINCA and Careem.
“We believe in a Pakistan where women are able to realize their full potential without stigma or persecution. I proudly welcome WomenOnWheels launch in Sindh today at Frere Hall Karachi . 7,500 women have registered themselves so far,” PPP chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari twitted on Sunday.
- Pakistan expresses grave concerns over Afghan president's tweets09:09 AM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PCB to refund match tickets12:13 AM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran for precautionary measures, strategy to tackle Coronavirus ...11:55 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bangladeshi journalists find Pakistan safe for cricket; praise ...11:52 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Carrefour Pakistan supports 50 deserving families in Lahore07:10 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019