Women on Wheels campaign lands in Karachi
The ultimate aim of the campaign is to empower women
KARACHI - The Women on Wheels (WoW) campaign is officially being launched in Karachi on Sunday (yesterday). The program, which empowers women by improving their access to mobility, provides subsidized motorbikes for women , as well as training and road safety lessons and networking opportunities.
Women On Wheels is a project of the Salman Sufi Foundation and the team behind the successful implementation of the WoW campaign in Lahore, Multan, Sargodha, Rawalpindi and Faisalabad is now expanding the initiative to Karachi in a private capacity, with support from the Sindh government, Japan, UN Development Program, UN Women , FINCA and Careem.
“We believe in a Pakistan where women are able to realize their full potential without stigma or persecution. I proudly welcome WomenOnWheels launch in Sindh today at Frere Hall Karachi . 7,500 women have registered themselves so far,” PPP chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari twitted on Sunday.
- Pakistani police hunt PM Imran Khan's nephew over PIC attack11:41 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan to chair 63rd session of UN Commission on Narcotic Drugs09:54 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- TCM: Pakistani scientists successfully test first traditional Chinese ...09:22 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan ranked the world's best holiday destination for 202008:56 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran Khan meets Saudi crown prince on day-long visit08:39 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Brad Pitt addresses rumours regarding dating actress Alia Shawkat02:12 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Tabla legend Ustad Ajmal Khan passes away in Islamabad12:50 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019