Women on Wheels campaign lands in Karachi
The ultimate aim of the campaign is to empower women
KARACHI - The Women on Wheels (WoW) campaign is officially being launched in Karachi on Sunday (yesterday). The program, which empowers women by improving their access to mobility, provides subsidized motorbikes for women, as well as training and road safety lessons and networking opportunities.
Women On Wheels is a project of the Salman Sufi Foundation and the team behind the successful implementation of the WoW campaign in Lahore, Multan, Sargodha, Rawalpindi and Faisalabad is now expanding the initiative to Karachi in a private capacity, with support from the Sindh government, Japan, UN Development Program, UN Women, FINCA and Careem.
“We believe in a Pakistan where women are able to realize their full potential without stigma or persecution. I proudly welcome WomenOnWheels launch in Sindh today at Frere Hall Karachi. 7,500 women have registered themselves so far,” PPP chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari twitted on Sunday.
- Ayaz Amir’s wife requests pre-arrest bail in daughter-in-law's ...01:49 PM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan’s ‘unstoppable' athletes clinch 13 medals at Mount ...01:24 PM | 26 Sep, 2022
- President, PM express grief over martyrdom of Army officers in ...12:18 PM | 26 Sep, 2022
- When is Eid Milad-un Nabi 2022? Here's everything you need to know ...11:52 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Sonya Hussyn seen at concert in Toronto after Hum Awards ceremony11:53 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Sehar Khan jokes about Faysal Quraishi's bright coloured shirt10:19 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- 'Are we sick?' asks Ali Zafar in note on moral standards of society09:16 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022