I believe a lot of people still don’t understand the actual meaning of feminism: Priyanka Chopra
From being UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador to her big stints in Hollywood, Priyanka has earned every single success that has come her way.
In a recent interview, Priyanka described her views on the careless use of the word 'feminism'.
Priyanka said, "I believe a lot of people still don’t understand the actual meaning of feminism. Feminism and empowerment are two words which people overuse, without even understanding the meaning properly."
She continued saying, "People are conditioned in a way that for them the only job a woman has is to give birth to babies or take care of the home. I am not denying that this is what makes women so special. We have this power to give life. But we are still judged for being ambitious. This kind of conditioning also stops girls from dreaming big. This is a disheartening situation."
The 'Quantico' star has recently been awarded 'Mother Teresa Memorial Award' for her efforts towards philanthropic causes.
- Afghan protesters storm Pakistan High Commission in London10:42 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- IT ministry makes use of indigenous messaging app mandatory for govt ...10:08 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- World’s fastest train makes debut in China09:24 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- DG ISI arrives in Beijing for strategic talks with Chinese officials08:47 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Punjab’s Auqaf dept loses Badshahi Mosque’s administration08:10 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Shilpa Shetty breaks silence after husband’s arrest in pornography ...03:49 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021