Kite-flyer downs police drone monitoring Basant ban in Rawalpindi (VIDEO)
RAWALPINDI – A young man dropped a police drone deployed to monitor the kite-flying ban in Rawalpindi on Friday, shows a viral video.
People in the city flew kites amid heavy aerial firing despite a ban imposed by the government for the safety of commuters and others.
Seven people have fallen victim to aerial firing and kite string injuries in the past 15 hours, according to Geo News.
Police have launched an operation to trace the person involving in taking down the drone.
Meanwhile, a spokesperson from the Rawalpindi administration has denied the incident, adding that efforts are being made to stop the kite-flying.
The Pakistan Kite Flying Association's Rawalpindi chapter and the local kite-flying association announced Basant celebrations in city areas on February 25 and 26.
- Marastyal – KPK launches mobile app to lodge complaints against ...08:38 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Unknown persons booked for disrespecting 'King Priest' at Mohenjo-Daro08:04 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Magnitude 5.9 earthquake shakes southern Iran, injuring five07:42 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Complex Pasts: Diverse Futures – It's World Heritage Day!06:49 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat takes a terrible fall during race in Ramadan show ...06:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas appointed goodwill ambassador by Turkey03:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Arjun Rampal, Neil Nitin Mukesh test positive for Covid-1902:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021