Kite-flyer downs police drone monitoring Basant ban in Rawalpindi (VIDEO)
RAWALPINDI – A young man dropped a police drone deployed to monitor the kite-flying ban in Rawalpindi on Friday, shows a viral video.
People in the city flew kites amid heavy aerial firing despite a ban imposed by the government for the safety of commuters and others.
Seven people have fallen victim to aerial firing and kite string injuries in the past 15 hours, according to Geo News.
Police have launched an operation to trace the person involving in taking down the drone.
Meanwhile, a spokesperson from the Rawalpindi administration has denied the incident, adding that efforts are being made to stop the kite-flying.
The Pakistan Kite Flying Association's Rawalpindi chapter and the local kite-flying association announced Basant celebrations in city areas on February 25 and 26.
- Ten Pakistani youth win UK’s Diana Award 2022 for humanitarian ...01:03 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan lodges strong protest with India over blocking Twitter ...12:23 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan's daily Covid-19 cases cross 800-mark for first time in four ...10:16 AM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Dur-e-Fishan looks breathtaking in latest viral pictures08:44 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- Maya Ali faces backlash for wearing revealing dress05:10 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022