Black Day: Kashmiris observe India's Republic Day with protests
SRINAGAR – Kashmiris on both sides and all over the world are observing the Indian Republic Day as Black Day today to draw the world’s attention towards the unlawful and forcible occupation of Jammu and Kashmir.
Report of Kashmir Media Service said posters appeared across Srinagar and other areas of the territory appealing to the people to observe the Indian Republic Day as Black Day.
The posters displayed said if India believed in democracy, it would have not denied the Kashmiris their right to self-determination, and it would not take steps for changing the demography of the territory.
January 26 aims to apprise the world of the continued brutalities and custodial killing of innocent people and the unabated massive violations of human rights by Indian occupying forces in the caged valley.
The day is meant to remember when the Constitution of India came into effect on January 26, 1950.
In the occupied territory a complete strike will be observed, anti-India protests, and rallies will be carried out in parts of the world.
Meanwhile, India’s Republic Day celebrations have been marked by a security clampdown while authorities also snapped internet services and thousands of soldiers patrolled the streets.
Kashmiris slam ‘loot sale’ of IIOJK land as ... 11:48 AM | 29 Dec, 2021
SRINAGAR – Hurriyat leaders and Kashmiris slammed BJP led government for putting IIOJK up for sale as a real ...
In 2019, Modi led Hindu nationalist government scrapped the special status of Indian occupied Kashmir and imposed a curfew and communication blackout to suppress the dissent against the controversial move.
'UN must live up to its promise to Kashmiris,' ... 08:23 AM | 5 Jan, 2022
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan's Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has reminded the United Nations of its promise of ...
- Seven Indian soldiers killed in bus accident near disputed border ...11:57 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Rs28 billion relief package for the poor will be part of next budget, ...11:35 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Pakistani PM Shehbaz Sharif to visit Turkey next week, says Foreign ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shireen Mazari's daughter booked for 'defaming' Pakistan Army chief09:43 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shyra Roy shares her working experience with Hrithik Roshan07:53 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Anushka Sharma looks stunning in latest pictures08:19 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022