Punjab Health minister tests positive for Covid-19 for the second time in a month
LAHORE – Punjab Minister for Health Dr Yasmin Rashid has tested positive for coronavirus for the second time in a month, it emerged on Wednesday.
Her spokesperson says the minister is reportedly in good health and is self-isolating. She was earlier diagnosed with the COVID-19 infection on January 5.
Pakistan has been witnessing the fifth Covid-19 wave, fuelled by the new Omicron variant, while the country's COVID-19 positivity ratio remained above 10% for the seventh consecutive day as 5,196 new coronavirus cases were recorded in the last 24 hours.
With the detection of new cases, the number of total cases have jumped to 1.386 million, while 15 more patients have succumbed to the virus, taking the death toll to 29,137, the National Command and Operation Centre's (NCOC) data showed Wednesday morning.
Covid-19: Pakistan reports 5,196 new infections, ... 09:28 AM | 26 Jan, 2022
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan reported 5,196 new Covid cases taking the total tally of infections to 1,386,348, ...
- Seven Indian soldiers killed in bus accident near disputed border ...11:57 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Rs28 billion relief package for the poor will be part of next budget, ...11:35 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Pakistani PM Shehbaz Sharif to visit Turkey next week, says Foreign ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shireen Mazari's daughter booked for 'defaming' Pakistan Army chief09:43 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shyra Roy shares her working experience with Hrithik Roshan07:53 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Anushka Sharma looks stunning in latest pictures08:19 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022