Khawaja Asif drawing Rs1.43m salary from UAE firm
Documents show the PML-N minister, who is tipped to be the interim premier in case Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif is sent packing by the Supreme Court in the Panama Papers case, works as a “Management Consultant” in an Abu Dhabi-based firm and draws a monthly salary of AED50, 000 for his services.
Asif, who is close to Sharif family, also had his UAE labour card renewed on June 29, 2017, valid till June 28, 2019.
Overall, the minister has held three iqamas during different periods.
One from 2007 to 2010, the second from 2010 to 2011, and the third for further six months.
But Asif says the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) and the Federal Board of Revenue were aware of his iqamas. He added that he had a bank account in Abu Dhabi since 1984 and he used that channel to receive money.
“I have been receiving the funds from proper banking channels since 1983,” Asif said while responding to allegations of Usman Dar, a PTI leader who lost the 2013 General Elections to Asif in the NA-110 constituency.
سیالکوٹ کا درباری خواجہ بھی اقامے والا نکلا۔ ہور اقامے لوّوٗ؟ ? pic.twitter.com/ghxZY4jtL3
— Usman Dar (@UdarOfficial) July 25, 2017
Dar had demanded Asif’s disqualification under articles 62 and 63 of the Constitution saying that the minister was an employee of a company in Dubai and he had not informed the ECP about his income from that source. He also claimed that Asif had benefited that company by engaging it in various projects in Pakistan.
- Greek envoy meets COAS Bajwa, hails Pakistan’s efforts for regional ...02:19 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Taliban spox heaps praise on PM Imran for peace efforts in Afghanistan01:56 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan mulls legal action against England, NZ cricket teams: Info ...01:36 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- State Bank of Pakistan grants EMI License to Finja12:26 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Top PR, event management agencies announce Pakistan’s first council ...07:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Canadian vlogger Rosie Gabrielle wants everyone to know that Pakistan ...05:53 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mathira claps back at trolls with an explosive statement: ‘Don’t ...04:57 PM | 20 Sep, 2021