Mirza urges citizens to follow COVID-19 SOPs vigorously during Eid
ISLAMABAD - Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on National Health Services, Dr Zafar Mirza on Sunday advised the citizens to strictly follow social distancing and other precautionary measures to stop increasing local transmission of COVID-19 in the country during Eid-ul-Adha.
In a media briefing at the National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC), Dr Mirza said that the objective behind these SOPs was to avoid the spread of person-to-person transmission of COVID-19 to the general public, the buyers and sellers of animals during Eid-ul-Adha.
He added the SOPs were related to the social distancing, preventive measures during slaughtering of animals and during Eid prayers on the occasion of Eid-ul-Adha.
He said that public should only undertake minimal necessary travel during Eid holidays as it is likely to fall in the peak period of the pandemic in Pakistan while social visits at Eid and general family get-togethers should be avoided.
He appealed citizens to follow all SOPs during these days and support the efforts of government in its fight against COVID-19. He added due to government’s effective strategy the cases of the corona were decreasing and the situation was gradually improving in the country.
He, however, said that still there were threats of the spread of the disease and asked the citizens to continue implementing protective measures as per directions to stem the increase in coronavirus cases.
He said that the steps taken by Pakistan to control the pandemic had been highly appreciated globally as a reduction of 80% cases had been reported. He added the government had contacted religious scholars to convince people in Eid days about preventive measures.
He said that the government had already made a strategy to manage the situation during Eid-ul-Adha. He added in order to create awareness in public about preventive measures, the government had tried its level best to publicly share all SOPs.
- Pakistan vs England, first Test: PCB announces squad for Old Trafford ...04:11 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- India sees over 50,000 virus cases for 6th straight day03:20 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan pays tribute to fallen heroes on Police Martyrs' Day02:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Netflix confirms season 5 of Money Heist02:21 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- #MeToo: Ayesha Omar opens up about sexual harassment with Rose McGowan01:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020