Weightlifter Talha Talib to represent Pakistan in Olympics
LAHORE – Pakistani weightlifter Talha Talib has been nominated to attend the upcoming Tokyo Olympics following an invitation from the International Olympic Committee.
The Gujranwala-based weightlifting star has secured the berth for the mega event on the basis of ‘Invitational Quota’. Accepting the request of the Pakistan Olympic Association, the International Olympic Committee has confirmed that the Olympic Games Tripartite Commission has finalized the Invitation Places in collaboration with International Weightlifting Federation (IWF).
Accepting the request of NOC Pakistan, the International Olympic Committee has confirmed that the Olympic Games Tripartite Commission has finalized the Invitation Places in collaboration with International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) pic.twitter.com/nTF6eqmBiL— Pakistan Olympic Association (@NOCPakistan) June 25, 2021
Reports quoting Pakistan Olympic Association Secretary Muhammad Khalid Mahmood said it is for the first time that the young weightlifter will be participating in the Olympic Games representing the South Asian country.
Expressing delight over the nomination, Mahmood said ‘It indeed is a great honour for the athlete to be part of an Olympic Games and amongst the finest athletes of the world showcasing their performance.
With the latest feat, Pakistani athletes have so far earned participation in Athletics, Badminton, Judo, Shooting, Swimming, and Weightlifting events for Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, he added.
Top badminton player Mahoor Shahzad to represent ... 02:13 PM | 2 Jun, 2021
Pakistan’s number one badminton player Mahoor Shahzad will represent Pakistan in the Tokyo Olympics. Pakistan ...
The bronze medal winner in the Asian Weightlifting Championship will be in action for Pakistan in the 67-kilogram weight category. Talib has bagged a number of medals including Bronze in the Commonwealth), Gold in the South Asian Games, and another Gold for International Solidarity Weightlifting Championship. The young athlete also holds the title of four-time national champion.
- Heavy rains trigger urban flooding in Islamabad, Rawalpindi02:43 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Parliamentary Committee on National Security meets today02:08 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani mountaineer Shehroze Kashif sets another record01:43 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- TikTok stars Kanwal, Zulqarnain ooze couple goals on dreamy Europe ...01:35 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Indian plane makes emergency landing at Karachi airport01:14 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Watch: Mahira Khan shows off her dance moves on 'Loota Re'12:06 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Marwa Hocane sends sweetest birthday wishes to Ameer Gilani11:47 AM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Bollywood's famous dancer crowned Miss India 202212:58 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022