US dollars hits historic high as rupee continues to fall
KARACHI - The US dollar again strengthened against Pakistan rupee on Thursday as it gained Rs4.40 in the interbank market and being traded at Rs166.
The dollar has gained Rs7.33 in the past three days to reach historical high level after the State Bank of Pakistan decreased the interest rate to 11 per cent, causing flight of foreign capital from local market.
On Wednesday, the rupee had fallen 1.63% or Rs2.60 versus the dollar to close at Rs161.60.
The central bank had decreased the interest rate due to coronavirus outbreak in the country that caused losses to business community. A decline in interest rate will help businessmen to get loans at minimum interest rate.
The number of coronavirus cases has surged to 1,102 in Pakistan while eight people have died due to the infection so far.
- Pakistan calls for lifting restrictions in IoJ&K as COVID-19 pandemic ...10:58 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- German minister commits suicide 'over coronavirus'09:25 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Syria confirms first coronavirus death08:49 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- COVID19: Pakistan confirms 16 deaths; Coronavirus cases rise to 1,58907:30 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Spain's Princess Maria first royalty to die from coronavirus07:15 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Baby Doll singer Kanika Kapoor tested positive for coronavirus03:40 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Michael Jackson ‘predicted’ coronavirus-like pandemic: Ex ...03:28 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Maya Ali is distributing ration bags among needy over Coronavirus ...03:16 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019