US dollars hits historic high as rupee continues to fall
KARACHI - The US dollar again strengthened against Pakistan rupee on Thursday as it gained Rs4.40 in the interbank market and being traded at Rs166.
The dollar has gained Rs7.33 in the past three days to reach historical high level after the State Bank of Pakistan decreased the interest rate to 11 per cent, causing flight of foreign capital from local market.
On Wednesday, the rupee had fallen 1.63% or Rs2.60 versus the dollar to close at Rs161.60.
The central bank had decreased the interest rate due to coronavirus outbreak in the country that caused losses to business community. A decline in interest rate will help businessmen to get loans at minimum interest rate.
The number of coronavirus cases has surged to 1,102 in Pakistan while eight people have died due to the infection so far.
- Pakistan vs Netherlands: First match of ODI series to be played today12:35 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Another medal for Pakistan at Islamic Games12:21 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Tiger Shroff addresses Disha Patani breakup rumours11:59 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani Hajj pilgrims to receive Rs150,000 in subsidy from tomorrow11:25 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani movie wins award at Indian Film Festival of Melbourne10:51 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Nauman Ijaz shows PDA for wife on her birthday09:31 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Dananeer Mobeen's vivacious personality comes out in new video09:55 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Alia Bhatt gives fans a sneak peek into her adorable babymoon10:25 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022