Pakistan, India hold brigade commander-level key meeting at LoC
RAWALPINDI – A brigade commander-level meeting between India and Pakistan was held on Friday at Rawalakot - Poonch Crossing along the Line of Control (LoC).
The meeting was held to discuss implementation mechanism as per understanding reached between both sides during DGsMO meeting held last month, according to the statement by the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR).
On Feb 25 this year, a special hotline contact was established between the Director Generals of Military Operations (DGMO) of Pakistan and India in a bid to defuse the volatile situation along the Working Boundary (WB) and the LoC.
Both sides mutually agreed to undertake serious measures to improve the existing situation ensuring peace and avoidance of hardships to the civilians along the borders.
Pakistan lodges protest with India over ceasefire ... 08:54 PM | 2 Feb, 2021
ISLAMABAD – A senior Indian diplomat was summoned to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tuesday to register ...
The DGsMO of the two neighboring countries agreed to address each other’s core issues and concerns which have the propensity to disturb the peace and lead to violence.
Both sides agreed for strict observance of all agreements, understandings, and cease firing along the LOC and all other sectors, with effect from midnight 24/25 February 21. It also reiterated that existing, mechanisms of hotline contact and border flag meetings will be utilized to resolve any unforeseen situation or misunderstanding.
Pakistan DGMO expressed commitment to peace but indicated that if such aggressive actions continue, the same will be effectively responded which will have detrimental effects on peace and tranquillity along the LOC.
Pakistan successfully test-fires nuclear capable ... 03:27 PM | 26 Mar, 2021
RAWALPINDI – Pakistan conducted a successful flight test of Shaheen-1A surface to a surface ballistic missile, ...
- Balochistan imposes smart lockdown amid rising COVID-19 cases07:41 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan starts vaccinating people aged 50 plus from next week06:28 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Twitter stops working in parts of world including Pakistan06:15 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan’s Gwadar Port Authority likely to ink MoU with Egypt' Suez ...05:48 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Mustafa Jaane Rehmat – Atif Aslam's naat crosses 1.6 million views ...05:48 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Hira and Mani celebrate 13th wedding anniversary05:41 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Katrina Kaif tests negative for COVID-1903:40 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021