Motorway rape case: Esra Belgic slams CCPO Lahore for victim-blaming
Turkish actor Esra Bilgic, who plays Halima Sultan in mega hit serial Ertugrul, lashed out at Lahore CCPO Umar Sheikh for being involved in insensitive victim-blaming, of the woman gang raped in the horrendous motorway incident.
During his interview, the police official had his entire focus on blaming women for the crimes committed against them, instead of doing his job.
Belgic took to Instagram to slam Sheikh and said, “You’re displaying a shocking ignorance of this matter. What a shame on you and people like yourself.”
“Women can drive alone or with their children and only thing you need to go is provide security,” the actor continued.
The country seethed with outrage on 10th September as details of the tragic case emerged on social media.
The public, including celebrities, took to the streets in different cities of the country to demand justice and asked the government to arrest the culprits at the earliest.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Casualties feared after explosion rocks Peshawar's Dir Colony08:52 AM | 27 Oct, 2020
- Solidarity with Kashmiris: Pakistan all set to observe 'Black Day' ...08:20 AM | 27 Oct, 2020
- Major university in Islamabad closed down after Covid-19 positive ...11:49 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- ‘Wedding celebrations’ — Video of Kashmala Tariq dancing to ...11:07 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan to propose March 15 declared as Int’l Day against ...09:26 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Undefeated UFC fighter Khabib Nurmagomedov announces retirement after ...10:31 AM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Scarlett Johansson to star in 'Bride' for Apple, A2404:06 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- IN PICS: Sana Javed, Umair Jaswal share unseen shots of their Nikkah03:08 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- FIA arrests ‘RAW spy’ involved in target killings, bombings from ...04:14 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran slams France's Macron for deliberately provoking Muslims02:46 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- 15 men gang-raped, filmed teenage sisters in Punjab02:16 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Karachi police chief tests positive for coronavirus01:21 PM | 25 Oct, 2020