Milkmen take it to streets against PFA in Lahore
LAHORE (Staff Report) - Hundreds of local milkmen Thursday held a protest demonstration against Punjab Food Authority (PFA) and blocked the Canal Road near Thokar Niaz Beg.
Their protest resulted in choking of several main connecting arteries of the city.
The milkmen tried to march towards the city but were forcibly stopped by the police.
They also chanted slogans against the PFA.
They are demanding an immediate halt to the PFA’s ongoing operation against milkmen supplying fresh and loose milk to the city.
They also brought milk on cycles, motorcycles and vans, and parked them on the road.
They accused the PFA of launching a biased operation against loose milk sellers and producers, saying the authority was targeting them according to certain objectives.
"PFA is forcing poor milkmen to do unnecessary testing of milk on their own, which is unacceptable," one of the milkmen said.
The milkmen demanded of the government to immediately take up this issue, otherwise milk supply to Lahore will be suspended.
- Three Pakistani soldiers martyred in Balochistan terrorist attack09:49 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan stands by Turkey against FETO threat, Imran tells Erdogan09:29 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE’s Covid-19 vaccine enters final testing stage09:25 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani university announces fee waiver for Spring semester amid ...09:18 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus – Punjab extends lockdown till July 3009:03 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020