ADB to provide $1.2 billion assitance to Pakistan every year
According to Economic Affairs Division, the ADB's new strategy for Pakistan will target six sectors, including energy, transport, agriculture, natural resources and rural development.
Under the Strategy, the Bank will support rehabilitation of power transmission and distribution systems, construction and rehabilitation of highways and provincial roads connecting to the National Trade Corridor.
It will also provide assistance for water infrastructure upgrades in parts of Balochistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Punjab.
The Asian Development Bank will collaborate with the country in expanding outreach of Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP) to an additional 2.4 million women beneficiaries.
- YES — Sonia Naz becomes Pakistan’s first transgender person to ...01:36 AM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani companies come forward to develop Reko Diq gold, copper ...10:59 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Pakistan’s Faisal Edhi seeks Palestine visa amid Israeli bombardment10:53 PM | 17 May, 2021
- CSS exam lays bare FPSC fault lines yet again10:12 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Miss Mexico Andrea Meza crowned Miss Universe 202105:43 PM | 17 May, 2021
- #JusticeForZuhaMalik trends after TikToker shares videos of torture ...06:22 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Katrina Kaif sends birthday greetings to rumoured boyfriend Vicky ...04:14 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021