National Command Authority satisfied over nuclear capability amid Indo-Pak tension
The top civil-military officials gathered in Islamabad in order to review the situation after India's continued violation of Line of Control which led to a recent escalation of tension between two nuclear-armed neighbours.
The NSC meeting, chaired by the premier in the wake of India’s aggression, was attended by Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee, the Chiefs of all three services and Director General Inter-Services Public Relations (DG ISPR) Major General Asif Ghafoor.
During the meeting, DG ISPR gave a detailed briefing on the security mechanism of the nuclear arsenal and expressed satisfaction over the fool-proof security measures taken by the country.
PAF shoots down two Indian fighter jets inside ... 10:39 AM | 27 Feb, 2019
MUZAFFARABAD – Two Pakistan Air Force jets targeted two Indian warplanes in a dogfight and shot them down along the ...
It was agreed in the meeting that Pakistan was capable of defending itself in every way and will maintain the capability of nuclear deterrence.
NCA is the apex civilian-led command to oversee the employment, policy formulation, exercises, deployment, research and development, and operational command and control of Pakistan’s nuclear arsenals.
The NCA – presided over by the prime minister – comprises an Employment Control Committee and a Development Control Committee, as well as the Strategic Plans Division which acts as its Secretariat; it takes a detailed review of the Nuclear Security Regime.
The meeting was of extraordinary importance as it was convened on a day Pakistan Air Force shot down two aircraft of India while capturing a pilot alive as well.
Tension between India and Pakistan escalated after India violated the Line of Control in the wee hours of Tuesday before being whisked away by Pakistan Air Force.
'Give peace another chance before it's too late,' ... 01:57 PM | 27 Feb, 2019
ISLAMABAD – In an address to Pakistani nation, Prime Minister Imran Khan has once again invited India for talks and ...
IAF repeated the same ‘mistake’ a day later, however, this time PAF shot down two aircraft and captured Wing Commander Abhi Nandan as well.
Pakistan’s Prime Minister Imran Khan offered India one more time to start a dialogue in an address to the Pakistani nation saying, it was nowhere in the interest of Pakistan for it to be used as a base for militancy.
- PIA announces to operate 35 weekly flights to Saudi Arabia09:40 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan to take new census next year for 2023 general election09:18 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Two soldiers martyred during crossfire with terrorists in North ...08:26 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan bans travel from six South African countries, Hong Kong over ...07:50 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021