Isolation wards, helpline 1166 established to cope with coronavirus in Pakistan
ISLAMABAd - Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on National Health Services Dr Zafar Mirza has said the government is taking measures to counter coronavirus in the country.
While reviewing the safety measures during his visit to Pakistan-Iran border at Taftan today the special assistant said that federal and provincial governments are collectively taking concrete steps to cope with coronavirus.
He said that strict screening is being carried out at all the airports and the ground routes.
Dr Zafar said that a helpline 1166 has also been established to effectively deal with the challenge.
Meanwhile, three isolation wards have been established at Civil, Jinnah and Aga Khan hospitals in Karachi to treat the patients infected with the coronavirus.
The provincial government has sought the details of people travelled with a person reported positive for coronavirus in order to screen them.
- PAF C-130 aircraft carrying Zaireen from Dalbandin lands at Skardu ...01:36 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Govt trying to maintain balance between lockdown to prevent spread of ...12:15 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Lahore police sealed all the entry and exit points of the city11:42 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Zahid Ahmed apologises to the nation for choosing a script ‘so ...05:02 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- American pianist Ellis Marsalis dead at 85, fought coronavirus04:41 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Here's what PM Imran Khan has to say regarding Maria.B controversy04:31 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019