Pakistan receives five CH-4 drones from China
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan has received five Cai Hong 4 (Rainbow 4, or CH-4) multirole medium-altitude long-endurance (MALE) unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) from all-weather friend China, shows export-import (EXIM) data available on the Pakistan Exim Trade Info website.
Chinese defence contractor Aerospace Long-March International Trade Co Ltd (ALIT) delivered the UAVs, which arrived in Punjab's Khanewal city on January 15.
It is unclear, however, which variant of the CH-4 was received by Pakistan, and whether this consignment is part of a larger UAV order or just a limited acquisition of this UAV type, possibly for testing.
The CH-4 family of multirole MALE UAVs was developed by ALIT and China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation (CASC), and comes with a multitude of sensor options.
PM Imran okays first-ever drone policy of Pakistan 12:31 PM | 22 Dec, 2020
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Tuesday has given the approval to set up a Drone Regulatory Authority ...
Two variants are known to be in service with China’s People’s Liberation Army: the baseline CH-4A, which is configured primarily for reconnaissance missions with a flight endurance of 30 hours, and the strike-capable CH-4B, which is capable of carrying a 345 kg weapon payload, but has a shorter flight endurance of 14 hours, according to IHS Jane's, the world's leading defence magazine.
There is also third variant called the CH-4C, which is still believed to be in the testing phase. This latest variant is reported to offer several improvements over the CH-4B, including a greater payload, increased electrical power generation, as well as updated data processing and electronic architecture, enabling a wider range of payloads to be carried, it added.
Pakistan Air Force chief inaugurates JF-17 ... 09:56 PM | 30 Dec, 2020
RAWALPINDI – Pakistan Aeronautical Complex has formally launched the production work of Block-III of JF-17 ...
- COVID-19 – Pakistan announces to allow indoor dinning, weddings in ...10:01 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Twitteratis react after world’s largest stadium renamed after ...09:37 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- PSL6, Match 6 - Karachi Kings set huge target of 197-run for ...09:01 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Karachi Kings’ Babar and Sharjeel set highest opening partnership ...08:50 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- CJCSC Gen Nadeem discusses bilateral cooperation with UAE top ...08:16 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Hassan Ali and Chris Gayle shake a leg on the Googly Challenge04:50 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Indian TikToker turns out to be Shoaib Akhtar’s doppelgänger02:50 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Shaniera Akram reminds netizens to 'Pawri' with their masks on02:30 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021