Young woman denied flat for being a Muslim in Mumbai
According to reports, Quadri has shifted into a tidy 3-BHK apartment at Sanghvi Heights in Wadala.
However, Quadri was told broker warned that the housing society did not accept Muslim tenants. The broker told her, she would have to sign a “no-objection certificate” declaring that if she faced any harassment from her neighbours because of her religion, the builder, the owner and the broker “would not be legally responsible.”
Also Read: MBA Denied Job Because He Is A Muslim
Within a week of her moving in the agent asked her to move out. He even threatened to call the cops and throw me out of the flat. She had move out. Even her flatmates also had to vacate the house.
Quadri said that this is not the first time she had faced such an issue. She said, she had been in Mumbai for more than 5 years. Sometimes brokers didn’t even showed her houses because she is Muslim.
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern cancels wedding due to Omicron surge07:03 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- WATCH: Pakistan Navy warship PNS Tabuk visits Bahrain06:20 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Can’t sleep at nights due to rising inflation, says PM Imran Khan05:50 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Fatima Sana becomes Pakistan’s first woman player to win ICC award05:24 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Asim Azhar wishes Merub Ali on her birthday04:19 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Mawra Hocane spills the beans on her wedding plans03:00 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Hina Altaf’s father passes away08:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021