UNGA president calls for peaceful resolution of Kashmir dispute
ISLAMABAD – UN General Assembly (UNGA) President Volkan Bozkir has called upon Pakistan and India to pursue the path for peaceful resolution of the Jammu and Kashmir issue.
Speaking at the National Defence University Islamabad on Thursday, Bozkir said peace, stability and prosperity hinges on normalization of relations between Pakistan and India, which is possible by finding the two countries resolution of the Jammu and Kashmir dispute.
The UNGA president said he has encouraged all the parties to refrain from changing the status of the disputed territory.
Bozkir said that the UN's inaction on the issue of Palestine is hurting its credibility.
"Inaction on the issue of Palestine, which is a grave matter, is damaging the credibility of the United Nations and the Security Council," Bozkir said, adding that it is hoped that the Security Council will also hear a unanimous vote on this important and necessary issue.
"Hundreds of Palestinians have been killed in blatant human rights abuses. Negotiations are urgently needed to establish two independent states. The UN General Assembly will not sit idly until peace is restored in the Middle East," he said.
Regarding peace in Afghanistan, Volkan Bozkir peace in Afghanistan is imperative for stability in Afghanistan. He said Afghan peace process should be Afghan owned and Afghan led. He also appreciated Pakistan’s role in the peace process in Afghanistan.
The UNGA president also appreciated Pakistan’s efforts in containing the COVID-19 pandemic.
FM, President UNGA discuss Palestine, Kashmir issue
Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi and President of United Nations General Assembly Volkan Bozkir on Thursday in a meeting held here discussed matters of international and regional importance, including the Palestine and Jammu and Kashmir.
The Foreign Minister welcomed the UNGA President at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs who arrived in the capital on Wednesday on a three-day visit.
The Foreign Minister appreciated the efforts of UNGA President to convene an emergency session of the General Assembly on Palestine.
- Balochistan's Budget 2021 delayed as opposition puts locks on ...05:19 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Meet Justice Mahmud Jamal – Canada’s first person of colour to be ...04:59 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- KPK presents Budget 2021-22 with total outlay of over Rs1 trillion04:14 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- vivo Introduces amazing offers for Daraz Mobile Week 202103:47 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah slams vlogger Rosie Gabrielle over Hunza photos02:20 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Mahira Khan loves viral video of artist who turned cab drivers’ ...01:57 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021