Four KP cops terminated in Amir Tehkalay torture case
PESHAWAR – The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Police Monday dismissed four policemen for torturing and humiliating a citizen, Amir Tehkalay, during custody.
A notification issued by SSP Operation states that Ex-SHO Tehkal SI Imran-ud-Din, Constable Tauseef, Constable Naeem and Ex-SHO Agha Mir Jani Shah (Yakkatoot) SI Shehriyar Ahmad have been terminated in the light of the recommendations made by judicial commission.
The commission was formed with Justice Lal Jan Khattak its head after the report about the inhumane act of police official went viral on social media, prompting protests against the department.
All the terminated officials were found guilty in the case by the commission.
Meanwhile CCPO Abbas Ahsan said that such illegal activities would not be tolerated as police department was making efforts to restore public confidence in it.
Police torture case: Six cops including SHO ... 10:37 AM | 29 Feb, 2016
LAHORE (Staff Reporter) – Capital City Police Officer (CCPO) Amin Wains has suspended six police officials including ...
- TikToker shot dead as Iran clamps down on anti-hijab protests08:54 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- e& International delegation meets key government stakeholders from ...08:34 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Sarah Khan reveals the secret behind her weight loss07:39 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Malala Yousafzai becomes a TV producer07:19 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Ahmed Ali Butt and Ahmed Ali Akbar trolled for recreating Oscar slap06:12 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022