ADB approves $10bn for economic recovery of Pakistan
ISLAMABAD – The Asian Development Bank (ADB) on Wednesday approved the lending plan of $10 billion in fresh assistance for the economic recovery of Pakistan.
The Philippines-based lender said it endorsed a new 5-year partnership strategy to help restore economic stability in the country.
The lending plan designed to enhance people’s wellbeing other than creating new jobs and economic opportunities as the country works to overcome the COVID-19 pandemic.
Pakistan will get these loans from 2021 through 2025, which also includes $6.3 billion that it plans to approve in the next three years. However, the actual approval and disbursement will depend on Pakistan’s ability to meet conditions.
The lender mentioned that the Covid-19 pandemic had halted macroeconomic recovery in Pakistan, resulting in shrinkage in growth, rise in public expenditures, and loosening of monetary policy to mitigate the health and economic impacts.
ECC mulls second bailout package of $35mn to ... 05:02 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan on Thursday considered a second bailout package worth $35.58 million for the Roosevelt ...
- PSL6, Match 6 - Islamabad United beat Karachi Kings by 5 wickets10:53 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- COVID-19 – Pakistan announces to allow indoor dinning, weddings in ...10:01 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Twitteratis react after world’s largest stadium renamed after ...09:37 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Karachi Kings’ Babar and Sharjeel set highest opening partnership ...08:50 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Hassan Ali and Chris Gayle shake a leg on the Googly Challenge04:50 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Indian TikToker turns out to be Shoaib Akhtar’s doppelgänger02:50 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Shaniera Akram reminds netizens to 'Pawri' with their masks on02:30 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021