Men booked in Rawalpindi for harassing transgenders
ISLAMABAD - Rawalpindi police on Tuesday registered a case against armed men for torturing and harassing a group of transgender.
The action comes after CPO Mohammad Ahsan Younas took notice of the incident after a viral video of the mistreatment with transgenders went viral.
The accused persons in the video have been identified, the police said, adding that they will be arrested soon.
The victims had approached the protection centre to seek justice, said the police and vowed to ensure the protection of transgender rights.
- Pakistan vs England, first Test: PCB announces squad for Old Trafford ...04:11 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- India sees over 50,000 virus cases for 6th straight day03:20 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan pays tribute to fallen heroes on Police Martyrs' Day02:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Netflix confirms season 5 of Money Heist02:21 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- #MeToo: Ayesha Omar opens up about sexual harassment with Rose McGowan01:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020