Men booked in Rawalpindi for harassing transgenders
ISLAMABAD - Rawalpindi police on Tuesday registered a case against armed men for torturing and harassing a group of transgender.
The action comes after CPO Mohammad Ahsan Younas took notice of the incident after a viral video of the mistreatment with transgenders went viral.
The accused persons in the video have been identified, the police said, adding that they will be arrested soon.
The victims had approached the protection centre to seek justice, said the police and vowed to ensure the protection of transgender rights.
- Motorway police return lost wallet containing Rs35,000 to owner11:39 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- This Asian country is set to reopen mosques after 9-month ...10:40 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Biden picks two Kashmiri-American women for top positions at White ...10:13 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Another Gomal University professor dismissed over sexual harassment09:59 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- China to launch its first solar probe in 202209:42 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Bollywood remembers Sushant Singh Rajput on birth anniversary05:21 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Wedding festivities kick in for Bakhtawar-Mahmood as groom lands in ...04:36 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Netflix crosses 200 million subscribers06:39 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021