Apple will finance Martin Scorsese's ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’
Apple Inc. has nabbed director Martin Scorsese’s next film, “Killers of the Flower Moon,” starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert De Niro, reported Deadline.
“Killers of the Flower Moon” is a murder mystery based on a bestselling 2017 nonfiction book. The plot revolves around a federal law enforcement agency looking into the murders of wealthy Osage Native Americans living in Oklahoma in 1920s after oil deposits were found beneath their land.
This will mark Apple’s second major film acquired after "Greyhound," starring Tom Hanks, last year.
Reportedly, Paramount will be distributing the murder mystery drama, with Apple financing the movie and also serve as its creative studio.
The budget for the film had been estimated between $180-$200 million.
The period piece was originally meant to be produced by Paramount Pictures, but the talks between Scorsese and Paramount hit a snag after the budget went over by $200 million.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Special immigration counter opened for Chinese nationals at Islamabad ...11:36 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Afghan protesters storm Pakistan High Commission in London10:42 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- IT ministry makes use of indigenous messaging app mandatory for govt ...10:08 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- World’s fastest train makes debut in China09:24 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- DG ISI arrives in Beijing for strategic talks with Chinese officials08:47 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Shilpa Shetty breaks silence after husband’s arrest in pornography ...03:49 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021