DRAP notifies price increase in 94 life-saving drugs
ISLAMABAD – Following the approval of Federal Cabinet, the Drug Regulatory Authority of Pakistan (DRAP) has notified hike in prices of 94 life-saving drugs today (Wednesday).
According to media details, the life-saving drugs include those used for heart ailments, cancer, blood pressure, medicines for eye, ear, tooth, mouth and blood infection, skin diseases and post-childbirth drugs have been approved an increase in the prices from 9% to 262%.
The increased rates of these medicines will remain frozen until June 31, 2021.
On September 22, the cabinet had approved increase in prices of 94 drugs to ensure their availability in the market.
The federal government was forced to increase the prices of medicines due to various reasons including low availability in the market, appreciation of dollar and rising cost of raw materials.
- #HbdAsifGhafoor trends as Pakistan wishes ex-DG ISPR03:59 AM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Holding Quran in hand, Babar Azam’s ‘girlfriend’ shares ...11:35 PM | 1 Dec, 2020
- PM Imran inaugurates highest national parks in Gilgit-Baltistan ...11:23 PM | 1 Dec, 2020
- Founder of The Forex Hub, James Watts Shares his Ultimate Blueprint ...11:19 PM | 1 Dec, 2020
- New TLP chief Saad Rizvi 'is a drug addict' (VIDEO)10:59 PM | 1 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020