Quddus Bizenjo to be elected Balochistan CM unopposed as PTI’s Rind pulls out of race
QUETTA – Mir Abdul Quddus Bizenjo, a leader of the Balochistan Awami Party (BAP), has been elected as the chief minister of Balochistan unopposed after rival candidate withdrew from the race.
PTI Parliamentary Leader in Balochistan Assembly Sardar Yar Mohammad Rind, earlier in the day, announced support for Bizenjo, ending prevailing political impasse in the province.
Furthermore, no other candidate has filed nomination papers for the chief minister’s election, clearing way for Bizenjo to be elected as new provincial chief executive unopposed.
BAP had nominated Bizenjo for the post after Jam Kamal Khan resigned as the chief minister on Sunday due to growing pressure from party members.
However, the PTIs’ parliamentary party in the province had nominated Rind for the position. However, he announced to quit the race after Senate Chairman Sadiq Sanjrani and Defence Minister Pervez Khattak reached Quetta to settle the matter.
As per the rules, the Balochistan Assembly will meet tomorrow to formally elect the new chief minister.
Subsequently, the oath-taking ceremony of the new chief minister will take place at the governor house in Quetta tomorrow at 4pm.
Jamal Kamal Khan resigns as Balochistan CM, ... 09:12 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
Jam Kamal Khan resigned as Balochistan chief minister on Sunday evening. "Jam Kamal Khan has submitted his resignation ...
- Pakistan re-elected to top body of int'l chemical weapons watchdog03:51 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Parents of Michigan boy, arrested, charged with manslaughter in ...03:27 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- The Magic Man by vivo X70 Pro — Bringing Out the Best of Emotions03:24 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Saudi Arabia deposits $3bn in Pakistan's central bank02:37 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Sara Ali Khan reveals the type of husband she’s looking for10:59 PM | 3 Dec, 2021
- Rahat Fateh Ali Khan sings UAE national anthem in Urdu08:35 PM | 3 Dec, 2021
- Ahsan Khan shares thoughts on acting as career for Bilawal Bhutto10:23 PM | 3 Dec, 2021