Pakistani MP demands treason cases against opposition members over anti-army remarks
ISLAMABAD - Federal Minister for Railways Sheikh Rasheed Ahmad called for initiating treason cases against members of the opposition for using “derogatory language” against the country’s armed forces.
Talking to a private news channel, outspoken Rasheed said that elements involved in the anti-military remarks should be taken to task, adding that army rendered major sacrifices to defend the country.
Talking to media on a separate occasion, the said that Maryam Nawaz had not given answers to questions made by him.
He added that the PML-N leader did not reveal why the bail of his uncle was cancelled.
The railways minister reiterated his claims that there will be a rift within PML-N in December or January, adding that Nawaz Sharif is fighting for personal interests and not for national.
He termed Maryam’s today speech anti-army and judiciary.
- Iman Aly, Komal Aziz and Imran Abbas are currently vacationing in ...04:05 PM | 21 Oct, 2020
- Four in 10 children are stunted in Pakistan: nutrition survey02:33 PM | 21 Oct, 2020
- Shahid Afridi celebrates 20 years of marriage01:17 PM | 21 Oct, 2020
- At least five killed, 20 injured in explosion near Karachi's Maskan ...10:27 AM | 21 Oct, 2020
- India bars Zimbabwe head coach from travelling to Pakistan03:08 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran Khan enjoyed PDM’s rallies, says Faisal Javed01:12 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- SC commission to look after Bahria Town funds11:27 AM | 20 Oct, 2020