Mobile service suspended in parts of Punjab on Muharram 9
LAHORE - Mobile service has been suspended in several districts of Punjab on the occasion of Muharram 9.
According to the media reports, the service will remain suspended in Lahore, Okara, Sahiwal, Khanewal, Multan, Faisalabad, Gujrat and Rawalpindi till 07:00 PM.
81 processions – from different Imam Bargahs – and 166 majalis are scheduled in Multan. Nine processions and 35 majalis have been declared extremely sensitive.
Heavy security arrangements have been made to ensure the security of leading processions and aerial surveillance is also being conducted.
Meanwhile, Pakistan Army and Rangers have also been reserved for security purpose in some parts of the province.
- PAMI elects Prof Dr. Chaudhry Abdul Rehman as new president08:50 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Nawaz Sharif finally joins Twitter to stay connected with Pakistanis07:53 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- US Supreme Court Justice Ruth dies at 8707:42 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Three public, private schools sealed in Punjab after coronavirus ...07:21 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- 2,000 Sikh yatrees to attend Baba Guru Nanak's death anniversary06:50 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Queen Elizabeth strips disgraced Harvey Weinstein of top royal honour02:43 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Asim Abbasi apologises for copying French artist Malika Favre's work ...02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy roped in to co-direct a Marvel film01:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020